8 luxurious British brands that are known worldwidePosted by Jerrard Romanoff in Guides, on September 16, 2015
There are many luxurious brands in the world and some of them originate from the United Kingdom. Today we will turn your attention towards the best and most opulent British products.
- Burberry – Burberry is a luxury fashion brand founded in 1856 that manufactures fashion accessories, cosmetics, sunglasses and outerwear. The most distinctive aspect of the Burberry products is their tartan pattern which is one of the most falsified trademarks in the world. The brand is extremely well-known for its trench coat which was designed by Thomas Burberry, the founder of the company. At the moment Burberry is ranked 73rd in Interbrand’s Best Global Brands list.
- Aspinal of London – Founded in 2000 by Ian Burton this relatively young company is known to manufacture some of the most luxurious leather products in the world. Aspinal of London is reputed for its exquisite craftsmanship and handmade goods that scream sophistication.
- Dunhill – Officially known as Alfred Dunhill, Ltd. this British luxury brand specialises in custom, bespoke and ready-to-wear men apparel. The company is seated in London and also has a fully operational leather shop in the English capital. Dunhill also produces men accessories such as cigarette and cigar lighters, timepieces and pens. So if you have just gone through a successful moving project you can reward yourself by purchasing items from this brand.
- Mullberry – Very few companies in the world van rival Mulberry when it comes to the production of leather goods and women’s handbags. The company was founded in 1971 by Joan Saul and her son Roger. It quickly gained international recognisance and became one of Britain’s most distinguishable brands and profitable companies.
- Barbour – Also known as J. Barbour & Sons Ldt. This company is known worldwide for its ready-to-wear, weatherproofed, shoes and accessories for women, children and men. The company was founded more than a century ago by John Barbour and became well- known for its waxed cotton jackets which are currently known as “ Barbour jackets”.
- Aquascutum – Established in 1851 by entrepreneur and tailor John Emary this company gained prominence for its waterproof wool. The brand’s name comes from Latin and means “water shield”. In 1901 Emery relocated his shop from 46 Regent Street to 100 Regent Street. Until 1990, Aquascutum was a family owned and operated company, when it was purchased by Japanese conglomerate Renown Incorporated. In 2009, the company was sold to Jaeger who three years later sold it to Chinese fashion retailer YGM Trading. Despite its foreign ownership, Aquascutum is still regarded as a British luxury brand.
- Loake – Loake is a shoe manufacturer that was founded in 1880. The company implements traditional handmade craftsmanship for the production of its footwear. The most astonishing fact about this luxury brand is that it has always been a family owned company. Presently Loake holds a Royal Warrant of appointment to the Queen. You can spoil yourself by buying Loake shoes with the money which you have saved from your relocation by using professional moving services.
- Rigby & Peller – Founded in 1939 this family-run lingerie company is recognised as a corsetry specialist. Rigby & Peller also manufactures high-end swimwear and offers made-to-measure services to its customers. It holds a Royal Warrant since 1960.